My Blueberry & Almond Overnight Oats are a real lifesaver – they’re high in fibres, antioxidants & energy, but also they literally don’t take ANY time in the morning (’cause you prepare them the night / a couple of nights before).
Just remember the last time you woke up, it’s 08:45 am and you realised you overslept. So you rushed out of bed, threw some clothes on & rushed out of your house – without breakfast. Who doesn’t know this moment?! Well, with overnight-oats, at least now you’re able to have some some breakfast without leaving first, or maybe on the way to work or even at your desk – BUT you won’t miss out on breakfast or compromise for something unhealthy from the shop down the street.
Also, as my blueberry & almond overnight oats come in a jar, you can take them anywhere you like and eat them whenever you feel like. Therefore, I tend to eat them as a snack as well. Simply divide in half and you have your perfect afternoon snack. Additionally, I have a small portion of it before I go to the gym in the mornings. That way, I avoid working out on an empty stomach. 😊
Blueberry & Almond Overnight Oats
- 2 tbsp oats certified gluten-free, if applicable
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- a handful blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Almond joghurt
- vegan milk (ideally almond milk)
- 1 tbsp almond butter only add, when everything already mixed
- Firstly take a 200ml marmelade glass and add the oats. It's very important to start with the oats. Should you start with the chia seeds, they will stick to the bottom of the glass and don't really mix well.
- Next, add everything else apart from the blueberries (and almond butter if you use it). Put the lid on & shake well.
- Add the blueberries (& almond butter, if you're using it). Shake well again.
- Place in the fridge for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge or take out a little before. Top up with some more blueberries or granola and enjoy as a wholesome breakfast, snack or dessert.
As you already know, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, which is why I am posting so many breakfast recipes here. My Blueberry & Almond Overnight Oats are no exception and, when working, I tend to have them 2-3 times a week. I even prepare them ahead of time for my entire family if we have a lot of busy mornings scheduled.
As always, I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Go ahead, try it & let me know if you like it.
If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes, try my Granola or Porridge recipes. You can find all my other recipes here.
I am also happy for any suggestions, should you be missing any breakfast essentials you wanna eat the CarrotsKitchen Way.
Until next week & happy cooking!