“Oh, lovely Sunday, you’re my favourite of all days, please give me gluten-free sourdough pancakes!”
As Sundays are my favourites, I tend to celebrate them with a big brunch. A highlight are my gluten-free sourdough pancakes, which taste just like “real” American pancakes.
I love to prepare a big brunch, because I also celebrate life & everything I am currently happy for. I tend to take some time for myself. My Sunday brunch is an entirely stress-free zone and I avoid looking at my phone, the laptop or anything else. It’s just me, my pancakes & some music.
A lot of you are probably thinking: “Why more breakfast recipes?!”. Well, to be honest, I only recently made these pancakes for the first time and they’re the best gluten-free pancakes I’ve ever met. Now, for me, this was reason enough to post them. Also, a couple of days ago, it was #worldpancakeday – so this is my contribution. Without further ado: The Recipe! ⬇️⬇️
Fluffy Gluten-free Sourdough Pancakes
- 200 g sourdough here: brown rice sourdough
- 120 g coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or4 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g brown rice flour
- 100 g ground almonds / almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + some more for frying
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Before you do anything else today, start mixing the dough as it has to rest for 30 minutes.
- To start the pancakes, mix sugar / maple syrup, eggs & butter until creamy.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, one at a time and mix until everything is fully incorporated. It should be a thick dough, just like usual pancake dough. If it's a little too thick, you might add some more milk.
- Before we continue, let the dough rest for roughly 30 minutes. Ideally to prepare the table, get dressed, have a shower or whatever else is part of your morning-routine. 🙂
- Now, after 30 minutes, place a pan on medium heat and add some coconut oil, once hot. Add pancake dough, one at a time & fry for roughly 2 minutes on each side.
- Place finished pancakes on a plate & store in an oven on 50 degrees until all of the pancakes are finished.
- Serve with fresh fruits, some seeds, cacao nibs & maple syrup. If you're feeling creative, you might even wanna add some apple puree* - you've got 30 minutes resting time you could use to make some. 🙂 (I always prepare some ahead of time and have it stored in the freezer / fridge). You might also add some whipped cream (vegan or not) or clotted cream.
For overnight sourdough pancakes
- Mix Sourdough with 100g rice flour & 100g water and let it rest overnight. Proceed with the rest as above.
Now, I’m obviously wondering, what your favourite pancake recipes are. So please don’t hesitate and tell me; just use the “comment” space below. 🙂 Also, please comment below, if you have any further questions or if you made these pancakes and you took a picture. I’d love to see your results.
For all those, disappointed, because this is not a French Crepes recipe: Don’t worry. There’ll be one very soon! 🙂
Now everyone, I hope you enjoyed this recipe. You might also enjoy my Quinoa Buckwheat Granola as addition to your Sunday Brunch.For all other recipes, click here.
If you never wanna miss an update, follow me on Instagram and Facebook or sign up for my newsletter on the top of this page. ⬆️⬆️
Happy Cooking & until next week,
One thought on “Gluten-Free Sourdough Pancakes”